Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WHAT I BUY, WEDNESDAY!

WELCOME NEW FOLLOWER, YOURS TRUELY.  THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING!

Out and about and wanting something sweet, that you  (I mean me) can count as meal?
 
For me it is STARBUCKS Vanilla Bean Creme Frapachino.  (The 16 oz. Grande size?)

A few months ago I mentioned that I wanted one and a daughter said they were probably about 1000 calories.  I changed my mind.  Then I came home and looked it up on line.

Here is the story.
It has 390 calories, with 16 grams of fat (10 sat.)  No fiber, but 5 protein.  And 10%  vit. A, plus 15% calcium.
 
BUT WAIT!  (This is the cool part :)
If you leave off the whipped cream it only has 4.5 gram of fat!  (2.5 sat.) 
Only 260 calories and 2.5 grams fat (1.5 sat.) if you have it made with 2% milk.  (Still no whipped cream.)
 
And the truth is I get the 12 oz. size with whole milk and no whipped cream.  (200 calories and 3.5 grams fat.)

Not too bad for an easy on the go treat.

Starbucks (as well as most chain resturants) have nutritional info. on their website.

Next Wednesday I will share one thing I buy at a dollar store.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...