Saturday, February 19, 2011

Planning Our Menu

I get a lot of questions about what we are having for dinner.
Next week I will post about how I menu plan for flexibility and success. 
This week I'll tell you what we ate. 

SUNDAY - Valentine's Day - Chicken Cordon Bleu, Cashew Pilaf, Asparagus, Strawberry Cream Cheese Pretzel Pie
MONDAY - Chili Dogs (hot dogs left over from pigs in a blanket for kid's lunch on Friday)
TUESDAY - new Chinese Chicken recipe  (o.k., but did not save)
WEDNESDAY - Corn Tortilla Bake  This recipe is in our 30 MEALS/30 DAYS plan.  (An easy and fast family favourite.  I also made a batch for 2 of my married kids for dinner.  Bring back my dishes.)
THURSDAY - LUNCH - Baked Egg Rolls (from Red Couch Recipes ).  Instead of frying, I brushed a bit of oil on the top and baked (seam side down) at 425* for 7 - 10 mins.  I turned them over and baked 3 -5 mins.  We really liked these.  (I am making them again next week.)
DINNER - SLOW COOKER TOMATO BASIL SOUP (from 365 Days of Crockpot.  Click on her Good Things Utah link.) with grilled cheese sandwiches.   This was easy and Doug and I really loved it.  The daughter that ate it said she liked my other recipe better.  (My usual one is harder to make, but we will do a taste test.)  This stays in my file.  (I used 1 2/3 cup shredded carrots, no celery and 1/4 cup butter instead of the called for 1/2 cup.)
FRIDAY - Left overs.  A kidult was having a party.
SATURDAY - Left overs from the party pasta bar :)

Do you plan your meals ahead of time?  It saves money, time and stress. 
As you plan your menu for next week try to include 1 new recipe you have wanted to try, and 1 tried and true.  Have a great holiday week end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...