Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! AND A LAST MINUTE TREAT

If you are still looking for a last minute Valentine, I have found an EASY one.  I can not remember where I saw it first, but as soon as I tried it I started thinking about variations.
READY?

2 INGREDIENT FUDGE

2 cups (1 bag - 10-12 oz.) chocolate chips
1 can chocolate fudge canned frosting (NOT WHIPPED)

In a microwave dish, layer chips and microwave 1 minute.  Stir.  Microwave another minute and stir in your can of frosting.  Stir well, scrapping the sides, until fudge is smooth and the gloss is gone. 
Spread in a greased (about) 8x8 dish.  (Can be lined with sprayed foil.)

That's it!

I made this Saturday for a basketball game.  It was a hit.  A BIG hit.  (I know, it sounds weird.) When I brought the fudge out, I just said it was a new recipe-no details.  People commented on the flavour and smooth texture..

As I looked into other ideas I saw that some people suggest adding a pinch of salt and 1/2 tea. vanilla
for added depth. 
Some suggest after melting the chips, that you melt the frosting, also.  (It will set up.)
I used 2 ingredients and it was great.  (And it is cheaper than the chips, evaporated milk, sugar, butter, marshmellow cream... that I usually use.)
NEVER USE WHIPPED FROSTING! 


Ready for just a few variations?

Milk chocolate chips/Cream cheese frosting

Milk chocolate chips/German chocolate frosting

Peanut butter chips/Chocolate frosting

Peanut butter chips/ Vanilla frosting

White chocolate chips/Vanilla frosting

Now, think add ins ;)  Nuts. dried fruit, 2 layers of different kinds of fudge, coconut...
I found some ideas at  www.nancys-kitchen.com/fudge-recipe-variations.htm.

Do you already have everything you need to make this Valentine treat?  If you try this, tell us what you make.
And, have a great day!

3 comments:

Lindsay Quinney said...

I am not a fudge fan, but David is so I will for sure be trying this!

Emily said...

It was really good!

Kristin said...

I hear you are feeling somewhat better. So glad to hear that. I love fudge so I will be trying it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...