Wednesday, March 30, 2011

UPDATE + "SPRING" GIVE A WAY! + WHAT I BUY WEDNESDAY!

I HAVE 60 FOLLOWERS!  YEA! 
I will "Random.org" a winner of some of my favourite things on Monday.  (I will welcome new followers with my posts next week :)

This week end is the last chance to enter Next 2 Nothing Crafts's Blog Give A way.  I have a link to her "SPRING" tutorial, and Give A Way at the end of this post.  Be sure and leave a comment on BOTH blogs. 

No, I don't do my shopping on Wednesday :0)

I had a different post planned until I realized what week it was.
The last week of March  (and September) I do a battery inventory. 
First I check the batteries IN flashlights, then the ones WITH the flashlights and radios (preparedness). 
Next I check the upstairs battery container and downstairs battery wall mounted rack. 

I know I will need to use 3 nine volt for the unwired smoke alarms that get changed the first week end of April and October.  (And I usually always need AA for Wii remotes.)
I buy my batteries at Sam's Club because  I like buying them in quantity.
(Batteries do lose power over time , so I also have wind flashlights.) 

(We also have rechargables and a car battery jump starter.  I make sure the rechargables are still with the chargers, and that the car jumper has been returned to it's box-AND IS WHERE IT GOES.)

This week I am packing an emergency backpack for my husband to have in his office.  It will have new batteries.  (As well as older canvas shoes, flashlight, solar blanket, a roll of quarters, snacks, water pouches, rain poncho...)

I am over at THE THRIFTY HOME for a link party today.  I appreciate that she hosts these.  Thank you.

Next Wednesday I am posting a major (in my opinion) preparedness purchase. (Mine was under $10.00)

On Monday, Next 2 Nothing Crafts guest posted on my blog.  She is doing a GIVE A WAY of her cute "SPRING" project.  And SHE HAS ONE FOR MY BLOG FOLLOWERS!  Read this post to find out how you can win.

Next week I will be back to my regular weekly schedule of blog posts.  Recipes, crafts, deals, organization and odds & ends. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...