Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SOME THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY THE PAST TWO WEEKS.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia."  Charles Schultz

6 March - 20 March, 2011

2 WEEKS AGO

Last week was a busy one.  I intended to get my 10 things typed and posted, but did not.  So I am combining the last 2 weeks.

#1  I had intended to make cute cake pops for our Cub Scout cake auction with Ashley teaching me and Elana some fun ones.  As the week went by, that was something I crossed off my list.  Then Saturday morning I got a text from Ashley saying that she had made 20 cake pops for Saturday night and would bring them to me.  They were so cute.  Thank-you, Ashley.

#2  Emily took lots of us to "Pirate Island" in Orem for a fun family activity (since there was no school that Friday).  There were 13 of us.  The kids had lots of fun.  Thank-you for sharing your deals/coupons with us, Emily.  (Hilary paid the extra.  And I bought 10 paper pirate hats for the "X marks the "game :-)

 #3   Doug and I got to hear Mark and Ashley talk at church on Sunday.  This was the first talk Ashley has ever given.  They both did a great job.  We were glad we went.

#4  We went to Lindsay and David's church meeting on Sunday for Brooklyn's blessing.  The blessing was very nice.  Everyone came to our home for dinner after church.  We had lots of help, and the weather was wonderful.  I enjoyed Sunday a lot.

Our Brookie Bean

LAST WEEK

6.  O.K.  This is one of the FUNNEST things I have done in a long time.  My sister and niece were visiting my brother, sister (in law), and their 2 children.  On (or is it "in" ? ) Staten Island..  My brother is great about calling me and telling me what they are doing.  (I so love that city.)  So on Wednesday, they called when they were all heading to Times Square.  If you read my blog regularly, you know what happened.  I told them with camera was up, and they came and found me.  Me on my computer in Utah, and them in Times Square.  I gotta say this was a real highlight of my week (actually month).  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PLAYING WITH ME.  (I took this picture of my computer screen.)  You can go to Times Square (and watch fire trucks and strangers) by clicking on the earthcam link on the left side of my blog.


7.  One day I was  #1 on our bracket game the whole day.

8  .I have wanted some things printed since last July.  Leslie printed them, and some other things, for me.  Thank you, Leslie.

9.  My kidults, grandkids and friends came over to watch "Darby O' Gill and the Little People for Saint Patrick's Day.  I love when the family is around.

10.  On Thursday I got to go with our cub scouts to the land fill.  (I thought is was a dump, but they are different things.)  I thought it was fascinating.  And the boys were good, too.

11.  I am loving the BYU games on t.v.  It brings family home.  And...

12.  I am loving all the comments on our Family Bracket Facebook page.

13.  Do you know what these are?  They are french fry cone baskets.  I saw them many months ago in a World Market ad.  Mark went to get them up for me, but they were sold out.  (Two people had bought them all.)  They put me on a waiting list (I wanted 4) IN CASE they ever got them in again.  (He did buy the paper liners for me :) 
Four months later they called and had my 4.  And they sold them to me at the sale price they were at the time :)  Not totally sure how I will use them since I only make sweet potato fries, and even then, not often.
Vegetable sticks?  No, I have plenty of veggie trays.  Homemade ice cream cones?  I am sure I will think of something :o)


14.  My niece taught me to make this very fun happy face.   d[*o*]b    Thank you, Ayley.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I must say I'm pretty shocked that you did not tell me about seeing them on the camera at Times Square....

Lindsay Quinney said...

The Times Square cam really is so fun. It was funny trying to get them all to look at the same time and be in the shot at the same time!

Kristin said...

I love the family facebook group too. How cool is that to see your familly on Times Square and the blessing and lunch afterward was so nice. It is nice to be around family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...