Monday, March 21, 2011

HOW I SPENT MY EVENING

If you live in the Salt Lake Valley, Sunflower Market (about 6400 S. State, across from Fashion Place Mall) has 85% lean ground beef on sale for $1.69 a pound.  I bought some for us (and some for kidults).
THIS SALE ENDS TUESDAY, March 22nd.  (Today if you read this on Tuesday.)

I made some into patties, and froze them.  (I put the "glob" of meat into a fold over top sandwich bag (they are cheaper than zippers) and press the meat, in the bag, into a pattie.  I freeze them separately and then put in a large zipper bag in the freezer.

I browned 10 lbs. and drained it until cool.  Then I filled 10 small zippered plastic bags with 1 lb.  All the bags go into a large zippered bag.  I browned some for some kidults, too.  I have cooked meat for 10 week day meals and 1 family BBQ :)

AND, if you head to Sunflower Market for beef, they have strawberries on sale for $.88 a lb.  (Limit 4 pounds.)  They are very pretty ones. 

Sunflower Market has a nice bulk section and carries a lot of organic foods.

1 comment:

Lindsay Quinney said...

We put all of ours into patties tonight and it will last us about 12 dinners if we use them for hamburgers each time. Such a good price. We also ate a pound of strawberries and they were delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...