Thursday, March 24, 2011

THROW BACK THURSDAY RECIPE

This is another (dessert) recipe that I have been making since the 80s.  It is from a Pillsbury mini monthly cookbooklet.  (I bought them almost every month for years.  Sometimes I still do. :)
I made these for Brooklyn's blessing dinner.  They are (very) fast.  Just 1 step and then you bake them. (If you are in a hurry, you can even take them right from the oven and cut them when you get there :)

GERMAN CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
from Pillsbury cookbooklet (#147 All New Part Cookbook)

Mix as for brownies
1 brownie mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 egg

Add and stir in just until mixed
1 can coconut pecan frosting (German Chocolate)
1 cup sour cream (I use light)

Sprinkle over the top
1 cup chopped pecans (I use walnuts or pecans)
1 cup chocolate chips

Put in sprayed 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 400* for 42-52 mins., until knife comes out clean.
Cool and cut into bars.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I ate these at the blessing and they were delicous! Glad to have the recipe, thanks for posting it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...