Wednesday, April 21, 2010

THROW BACK THURSDAY

WELCOME NEW FOLLOWERS JESSICA AND THIS MUMS WORLD AND BITS AND PIECES!! THANK-YOU FOR FOLLOWING.

Last Thursday I posted a Chili Frito Casserole that my family really likes. This week I am posting that recipe, adapted for a crock pot. One good thing about doing it this way is that you do not need to make sure that you have Fritos.

Crock Pot Chili Casserole (Is casserole an acceptable word any more?)
adapted from a family favourite

about 1 lb. ground beef
chopped onion 1/2 - 1
1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans - drained and rinsed
32 oz. tomato sauce
1 package of taco seasoning
1 cup grated cheese - cheddar, Colby jack, montery jack - whatever

6 - 8 oz. package of corn bread
1/3 - 1/2 cup milk
2 table. veg oil
1 beaten egg
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Stir together cooked beef and onions, beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning and cheese. Spread in the bottom of sprayed crock-pot.

Barely mix corn bread package, milk, oil, egg and cheese. (Makes a stiff batter/dough.) I spoon it over the meat/bean mix, and spread with a knife.

Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. (Because we took the cub scouts to the fire station today, I cooked it 1 hour on high + 1hour on low + 3 hours on warm.) Can be served with sour cream...
We like this. Plus it is easy :)
I am adding a few of my favourite things to the basket of my favourites tonight. First of all I am putting in the SCRABBLE tiles. (I finished a project last night with one of my sets.)

(I am adding the SCRABBLE letters to the basket tonight, as well as a Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Travel Set (2 oz. bottles of body spray, shower gel and body lotion). (Already in the basket is a Star Photo Album.(See it on the 12 April - 10 Things Post.) I made one for a boy and one for a girl, and the winner will choose one. Also there are 12 small clock hands that I ordered.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...