Saturday, July 31, 2010

NATIONAL ICE CREAM MONTH - A Disneyland Recipe

I wish I had used this whole month for ice cream. 
We bought a litre in Australia.  It cost about $8.oo. 
One of our Disneyland traditions (me and Doug) is to visit the Dole pineapple wagon right in front of the Tiki Room (The Tiki Room is the perfect place for a short nap on a hot day;).  We get a Pineapple Whip and sit on a bench and people watch for a few minutes.  (Doug and Logan are not grumpy.  It was hot.  Logan was tired.  And it was hot.)

Here is a Copycat recipe that Hilary found for us in 2007.

DOLE PINEAPPLE WHIP

1 48 oz. can Dole pineapple juice
3 cups whipping cream
3 cups sugar
1tea. vanilla
Mix all the above-well.  Pour into ice cream freezer.   If mix does not reach fill line, add milk to fill line.  (I did not need milk.)

Make your whip as directed on ice cream maker instructions.  (We get 2-3 batches  in our small hand or/and electric freezers.  The kind where you freeze the bowl.)  After freezing it can be stuck in the freezer until readt to use.  This will set it up more solid. 

(I know.  Crummy picture.)  We like this.  It is not as smooth (or as low-fat) as the tasty treat by the Tiki Room, but it works.  (Doug likes this better ;-) 

More Disney treats next week.  And a craft. 

This is a YouTube clip I found with an alternative way.  At least you can listen to the music.  (Nope.  I have no clue how to do this.  Doug put it on my blog for me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1fnJHTrI_o&feature=player_embedded

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this recipe better too. It was so yummy! Especially since it had a little coconutty flavor... for me atleast. :)
Hil

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...