O.K. This is my "Before" picture. (I was not going to show it until I had the "After". I got this sad dresser at the end of May. I (honestly) have been trying to get it done since then. (I was doing a morning carpool for a friend and "found" it at the side of the road for garbage pick-up. After dropping off the kids, I went back and put it in my van (while wearing (modest) jammies.)) I HAD to. I had a plan.
Here it is the very end of July and so far I have cleaned it. Sanded it. And filled the damaged spots.
After being invited to a"Show Me The Progress" party at http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com/ , I decided my new goal is to have it finished by the time school starts.
Here is the plan. Sand where I have filled with wood filler and prime. Paint (including inside where the top 2 drawers are missing). Decide on drawer pulls. And (the part I am excited to try) paint the top to look like granite. (I have found 2 blogs that did this, and included a tutorial. If you can find more, PLEASE send me the link.) (I have bought baskets to put in the top drawer spaces.)
I hope there is another "Show Me The Progress" party so I can show the finished project. You are welcome to ask about how it is going ;)
Obviously this post is linked to the party at http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com/ :D Thank-you for the invitation (and motivation).