Thursday, July 29, 2010

Visiting a Blog with my Project

"Goals are dreams with deadlines."  Diana Scharf Hunt

O.K.  This is my "Before" picture.  (I was not going to show it until I had the "After".  I got this sad dresser at the end of May.  I (honestly) have been trying to get it done since then.  (I was doing a morning carpool for a friend and "found" it at the side of the road for garbage pick-up.  After dropping off the kids, I went back and put it in my van (while wearing (modest) jammies.))  I HAD to.  I had a plan.
Here it is the very end of July and so far I have cleaned it.  Sanded it.  And filled the damaged spots.

After being invited to a"Show Me The Progress" party at http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com/ ,  I decided my new goal is to have it finished by the time school starts.
Here is the plan.  Sand where I have filled with wood filler and prime.  Paint (including inside  where the top 2 drawers are missing).  Decide on drawer pulls.  And (the part I am excited to try) paint the top to look like granite.  (I have found 2 blogs that did this, and included a tutorial.  If you can find more, PLEASE send me the link.)  (I have bought baskets to put in the top drawer spaces.)
I hope there is another "Show Me The Progress" party so I can show the finished project.  You are welcome to ask about how it is going ;)

Obviously this post is linked to the party at http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com/ :D  Thank-you for the invitation (and motivation).



"BEFORE"

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun project to do. Good luck doing it. I am sure it will turn out great! Can't wait to see the after!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Michelle! What a neat piece. I really like the feet and the bottom part where it looks wavy. I actually kind of like the grey color...with a fresh coat, of course. I saw today where someone had a grey desk bottom and did the top in black chalkboard paint with a monogram in the center in white paint. Very cool.

Thanks so much for linking up with me. I hope you enjoy visiting around with some of the other participants. Don't forget to stop back by and let me know what you think about my kitchen. ;)

Lisa said...

It has a lot of potential! GL getting it done and I'm sure it will turn out great!

Marlee said...

I can't wait to see the results when you have finished this great find.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Marlee

Paula@SweetPea said...

Good for you for taking on this project. I think that it will be fabulous in the end.

Karen said...

I know you can't wait to see the finished project, I can't either!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...