Thursday, July 15, 2010

Parmesan Baked Potatoes and Garlic Bread Seasoning

I have been making this recipe for a few months, and tried variations.  It is always popular as a side dish.  I have slightly adapted it, but you can find the original @ the address below.

Parmesan Baked Potatoes
recipe slightly adapted from  http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/

6-8 small potatoes - cleaned and cut length wise into quarters
grated Parmesan cheese- I grate about 2/3 of the triangle block from any grocery store
1/4 cup butter + about 1 table.
Garlic Bread Seasoning (see recipe below)

After you have your potatoes clean, cut and fairly dry, heat oven to 400*.  As oven is heating, let 1/4 cup butter melt in 9x13 pan.  (Don't let it burn.)  When melted, grate Parmesan cheese over the bottom of the pan, covering the melted butter.  Sprinkle generously with Garlic Bread Seasoning.  Fill the pan with potatoes (skin side up.)  Use a basting brush to brush the potatoes with additional melted butter.  Sprinkle the tops with more Garlic Bread Seasoning.
Bake at 400* for 40 - 45 mins.   Let cool about 5 mins.  You can serve sour cream for dipping.  Or do 1/2 BBQ sauce/1/2 sour cream.  I like serving an herbed sour cream with it.  (I have pictures, but can not get them on the blog.  You can see them with the baby back rib sloopy sandwiches picture.)
 
This next recipe is one that I use often.  The only change that I have made to this is that I double it when I make it now :)

Garlic Bread Seasoning
recipe from OurBestBites (click on their box on the right side of my blog)

1/2 cup "powdered"  Parmesan cheese - the kind in a green shaker container
2 table. garlic powder
2 tea. kosher salt
2 tea. oregano
2 tea. dried basil
2 tea. parsley
2 tea. marjoram  (This is, I think, the "secret" ingredient.)

Just mix everything together and store in a shaker jar in the fridge.  I love the way this smells.  I use this on the potatoes and on pizza.  For garlic butter, mix about 1 1/2 table. with 1/2 cup softened butter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...

You are in Australia and you are posting about potatoes???

Lindsay Quinney said...

These potatoes are so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...