Thursday, March 11, 2010

THROW BACK THURSDAY

New feature - THROW BACK THURSDAY!

Lately I have ended up cooking a few "oldie but goodie" recipes. In January Christy asked for a birthday cake that we used to make a lot.

In February I made one of Doug's favourite cassaroles since I had tried a bunch of experiments (new recipes) on him. Lindsay picked "Christy's" cake for her birthday, and I thought these old recipes were worth making again and sharing. So, today is my first "THROW BACK THURSDAY" post.

Lindsay is guest blogging for me since she has really enjoyed this recipe. A great spring/summer cake.

--------------------------------------


This recipe is so good. I don't ever remember having it before Christy's birthday at the end of January, but after having it I knew I wanted to try different kinds. Christy calls it Refrigerator Cake, my mom calls it Jello Poke Cake. For my birthday I decided to make lemon/strawberry.


1 box lemon cake mix

1 small box of any kind of jello

1 small box of vanilla pudding

1 container cool whip


Make your lemon cake mix as directed on the box. After cooking it let it cool completely. As your cake cools make your jello. I used 1 cup boiling water and a half a cup of cold water. Do not put it in the fridge to make it firm. When your cake is cooled, take a fork and poke up and down the whole cake all the way through. Next, spoon your liquid jello into the holes you made with the fork. After you do this make your pudding as directed on the box. Whisk for two minutes, but then do not put it in the fridge. Now, fold your cool whip into the pudding and spread it on the cake like frosting. Last, put it in the fridge to set up.


This cake is delicious and I will be making it again this weekend with Lime Jello for St. Patricks Day.

Lindsay

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...