Thursday, August 18, 2011

What We Found... An EXPOSE'

I am posting this from New York City.  This is one of my very favourite places to visit.  I am so grateful to my my brother, Michael and Tracey (and Jenna and Tashina :) share their house and city with us.  THANK YOU!
"What I Buy Wednesday" will return next week.

I hate to tattle... but this was a surprise to us.

During a very busy week (a few weeks ago) Emily brought home KFC (chicken) for dinner.  (Thanks, Em:) 

Doug noticed the honey packet was labeled, ""Honey Sauce"???  So...we read the ingredient list.  (Ready?)

(In order)
high fructose corn syrup
corn syrup
sugar
honey
fructose
contains less that 2% caramel color, molasses, water, citric acid, natural and artificial flavor, malic acid
(7% real honey)

I buy a lot of honey.  My husband loves peanut butter and honey sandwiches.  I buy our honey at Wincos.  You pick your flavour, and fill a clear sour cream style container.  (Be careful not to lift the lid of the box.  They have a safety notice warning that the bees could escape.) 
Although the bears are cuter, I like the wide opening style container.  No waiting for the honey to move to the lid so you can squeeze it out.   Even as it starts to firm up, you can get the honey out with a knife.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is so bad. I can't believe people actually use that stuff. I love Winco. :) Wish we had one back East, though. Maybe they should change it to Winhco. Hope you had a blast in NY!!

sbdunn said...

Missy - I know what you mean about missing Winco. But the H stands for Hawaii, don't you know? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...