Thursday, November 4, 2010

A THROW BACK THURSDAY RECIPE

WELCOME SHAYLEI!  THANK-YOU FOR FOLLOWING:-)

CRAFT BOUTIQUE - SATURDAY, 13 NOVEMBER, 2010
Handmade Jewelry, Hairbows and Clippies, Cute Onesies, Pampered Chef, Holiday Wood, Caramel Apples...  What do you make?  Do you want to come sell with us?
Contact with a comment on my blog, or email to johnson797@att.net.  (We want shoppers, too ;-) 


I have had a busy soup/chili couple of weeks.  I have taken soup 3 places and chili 2 places. 
I took this soup 2 places and was asked several times if it was on my blog.  So, I went thru my whole blog, and wrote every recipe (with date) down.  (So hopefully I can organize them.)  And it was not there.
So, here it is.  I have been making this about 20 years.  I think I MAY have gotten it from a cooking magazine.  I adapted it (probably more than once ;) to make it faster/easier.  (The original has made from scratch meatballs.  If you want the meatball recipe, let me know.)

MEXICAN MEATBALL SOUP

some purchased frozen cooked meatballs - defrosted and cut in half (I use about 10-20)
about 1/4 cup rice
about 1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 tea. minced garlic from a jar

Brown defrosted meatballs in the bottom of your soup pan with rice, onion and garlic.
Use 1 table. oil, if needed  (I do not use any oil)

Add and bring to a boil
4 cups beef broth (I make mine with beef base)
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 tea. oregano

Reduce heat, add meatball mix.  Cover and simmer 5-10 mins.

Stir in
2 sliced zucchini/yellow squash (I usually use fresh, but I will try frozen this winter.)
1 1/2 frozen corn
2-3 cans (16 oz.) stewed tomatoes MEXICAN STYLE

Simmer covered for 8-10 mins.
Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, chips...  You know.

This is an easy and fast soup.  We decided to put it on our 30 DAY PLAN.

I know.  Not a good pic.  Rushed for time.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love this soup!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...