Friday, November 26, 2010

10 THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY THIS WEEK

WELCOME NEW FOLLOWER,  MEGAN!  I am glad you stayed after visiting.  Thank-you!

(Only 7 followers away from a drawing for some of "MY FAVOURITE THINGS").

"Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things."  Doctrine and Covenants 59:7

14 November - 21 November, 2010

#1  We had a boutique at our house last Saturday.  We think it went pretty well considering it was a first year boutique.  Everyone made money.  And the socializing was fun, too.  We are planning to do it again next year.  I made A LOT of my Mexican Meatball soup and... 

#2 ..we had some soup (and other food) left from the boutique on Saturday.  It made me very happy to have left overs for dinner during the week.

#3  Sunday was a wonderful day.  Church was great.  (Stake conference and I always like the Saturday night meeting, too :)  But the best part was that mom decided mid-week to celebrate November birthdays on Sunday.  I was so tired after a busy week, and mom made made all the main food.  Thank-you so much, Mom.  It was really a treat for me this week.  (And not even my birthday.)

#4  I FINALLY GOT A PERM!  I have (really) needed one for about 1 month, but was putting it off until closer to the holidays.

#5  I had my semi-annual Dr. appointment.  My cholesterol was was 206.  Yea for me.  (i never miss taking the stupid medicines I hate.  I know.  Two words we don't use.))  Some of my numbers are not good, BUT SOME ARE:)

#6  Play date was fun.  We took the kids to JUNGLE JIM'S in the Fort Union area (Salt Lake, UT)  We got our kid's tickets thru SCREAMIN DAILY DEALS for only $4.00 each.  (Adults are free.)
Most of the time we were the only ones there.  The workers were happy (and nice) about running the rides for our kids.  ($4.00 (regularly $8.95) bought a wrist band for unlimited rides. ( There are video games/games that use tokens that are not included.  We did not use them.))  The kids really had fun.  We think the rides are geared to ages 2-6.  Our kids are in that range. 
We liked that each ride had benches where we could watch the kids.
For lunch we bought corn dogs and a pitcher of root beer.  It was reasonably priced.



#7  Wednesday night we went to see Hillcrest High's production of "Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella".  It is one of our family favourites.  (We have the Julie Andrews version, the Leslie Ann Warren version and the Brandy version.  Yea, we like it ;) 
Hillcrest always does a very nice job with their musicals.  (They use LOTS of students for a full production.)  Their backdrops/scenery were great.  PLUS, we got to see 3 nieces/cousins that were in it.  VERY NICE, HOMERS.

#8  BYU won the football game.  That meands (I think) that we will get to be in a bowl game.  And (maybe) go to a bowl game.

#9  Leslie's hold at the library finally came, and I am reading the new John Grisham book, "THE CONFESSION".  (For the first time E V E R I am reading 4 (very different) books at the same time.)

#10  I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY THAT DOUG HAS ALL OF NEXT WEEK OFF :D

(I made a new recipe for Thanksgiving Day at Grandma and Grandpa's.  I loved it, and will post it this week :)

1 comment:

Lindsay Quinney said...

Sad I missed Jungle Jims, but Thank you so much for taking Logan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...