Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WHAT I BUY WEDNESDAY

Bet you thought I had forgotten about my blog.
We have had lots of company over the past 2 weeks (and next 2 weeks, too :)  Some planned.  Some very unexpected (and with short notice), but so welcome.  (My mom got a 14 hour layover on her way to New York.)

For "What I Buy Wednesday" this week, I have another drain item.  (I wonder if I am obsessive with keeping drains clear and clean?)
I buy "ZIP-IT" (from BrassCraft (and made in the USA :) from HOME DEPOT for about $3.00.  (I always have several extras.)
It is a zipper form with teeth and a tab on the end, and is 17 1/2 inches long, not counting finger tab.
They are used to remove hair, etc. from clogged or slow drains.  Simply slide it down, twist and slowly remove.  They can be be washed and used several times.

I used my ZIP-IT a new way yesterday.  A kidult commented that vacuum was not cleaning great, and put it away???  I told her to hit the back.  Oh yea.  WAY FULL.  (I prefer bags to bag less.)
After removing the bag - and everything I could reach from the hose - I tried a butter knife :(  Then I remembered my ZIP -IT.  It worked great.  And fast.  It is washed again and ready for the next clog.

I will post some new breakfast recipes we have tried later this week.
And next Wednesday I will show you what I am buying for my Christmas gift project for my grandsons.

I have not been compensated  at all for my What I Buy Wednesday post.  (But my daughter did vacuum my house for me).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This could not have come at a better time. I need my shower drain cleaned. :) You MUST post those recipes. Now that fall(=cold weather) is coming...I ready to cook again! So glad you got to see grandma. Hope she has a fabulous time in NY!!

michelle's 10 things said...

Thank you for your comment, Melissa. I am looking forward to fall cooking, too. But I will REALLY miss summer produce and Farmer's Markets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...