Friday, February 26, 2010

Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake Recipe

I am trying /making some recipes that begin with a cake mix. (My family is happy since I am making some of our favourites-for pictures ;) I have really found A LOT since I started this mini-theme.

This one is a favourite breakfast cake at our house. It is fast and easy to put together. The recipe comes from Pillsbury GREAT AMERICAN MENUS COOKBOOK. I have been making this since 1987.

Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
from Pillsbury


1 lemon cake mix



1/2 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup milk



2 eggs



1 can drained blueberries (NOT canned pie filling) I tried the recipe with fresh blueberries today, and we all prefered canned.



That's it! (I do not know why the spacing is weird. Sorry.)

Mix the cake mix and butter together. (I use mine right out of the fridge.) I use the whipping attachment on my Kitchen-Aid.) Mix on low until butter is is in small pieces and mix is crumbly. REMOVE AND SET ASIDE 1 1/4 CUP.

To the rest of mix, add milk and eggs. Beat on med. high for about 2 mins. AND PUT IN SPRAYED 9 x 13 PPAN.

Sprinkle drained blueberries over top of batter. Them sprinkle reserved cake mix over all.


Bake 35-45 mins. @ 350*. (I always cook 35 mins.)

Cool completely.


Glaze-optional
1 cup powdered sugar
1 table. fresh squeezed lemon juice
Enough water to make a glaze for drizzling over cooled cake. Let set up before serving.

7 comments:

Lindsay Quinney said...

This is my favorite breakfast cake ever!!!

Emily said...

Me too!

debbie said...

This sounds really yummy. I'll have to try this one. Thank you for sharing your recipes with us.

Unknown said...

Alrighty, mom. You got it. Let's try in on Sunday. :) One question, and this might be dumb...can you get blueberries in a can at the store?

michelle's 10 things said...

Yep. You find it by the canned fruits/pie fillings. I usually buy Wilderness or Oregon brand.

Leslie said...

WHAT!?!?! You made my favorite breakfast cake while I was gone!?! That is so not fair!

Emily said...

Leslie, WHAT!?!?! You got to go to Disneyland and left us at home??? That is so unfair!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...