Friday, May 7, 2010

THROW BACK THURSDAY - Lemon Key Lime Cake

This citrus cake is baked in a "Bundt" pan. My new favourite pan. Although I am calling this a throw back, it is not because I have bee making it awhile. I tried this recipe from a Duncan Hines cook booklet that I got in the spring of 1992.
I made it for book club this week, and it was a hit.
Lemon Key Lime Cake
Duncan Hines 1992
CAKE
1 package lemon cake mix
1 4 oz. instant lemon pudding/pie filling
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup key lime juice
GLAZE
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup key lime juice
2 table. water
2 table. butter/margarine-melted
GARISH
1/4 cup powdered sugar
lime slices
fresh strawberries
Cake- Combine all cake ingredients. Beat with mixer on low just until mixed, then on medium speed for about 2 mins. Pour into sprayed BUNDT pan. (I spray mine before I start mixing my cake and the again just before putting cake batter in.)
Bake in a pre-heated 350* oven for for 50-60 mins. (I start my cake at about 340*, and let it cook while it continues to 350*.) Check with a skewer/knife for doneness.
Let cool in pan (I put it on a cooling rack.) for about 25 mins. Then invert onto a plate (just to release it). Put back into the baking pan (The bottom of the cake is still up.). Poke holes all over the bottom of the cake using a skewer. I used the end of a fondue fork. Slowly pour glaze (see directions below) over the bottom of the warm cake. Let cake cool in pan (set on cookie cooling rack). When cool, invert on to desired plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garish with fruit.
Glaze - Combine all glaze ingredients :)
Note- Key Lime juice is found on the shelf with lemon juice. Put in the fridge when you get it home.
You can substitute fresh or bottled lime juice if desired, BUT I am posting a very good key lime recipe in June :) (A favourite of mine, and I am usually not a lime fan.)
YEA! I heard from Lisa B. She lives in North Carolina. She choose the girl star album. You know what that means. The boy one is the first thing in my basket of favourites. I will mail your package next week, Lisa B.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

It really is very yummy.

Lindsay Quinney said...

That cake was so delicious! We all loved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...