Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10 THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY!

9 May - 16 May, 2010 (My Grandma AND Grandpa Walker's birthdays AND their wedding anniversary)

"Sometimes when I consider the tremendous consequences from little things.... a chance word... a tap on the shoulder or a wink of an eye, I am tempted to think there are no little things." Emily Dickinson

#1 My Mother-in-law gave me a stack of magazines that she had finished. Great way to de-stress.

#2 Breakfast buffets make me happy. Even eating breakfast out. No, I did not go out to breakfast. We usually go to a breakfast buffet about 2 times a year. But not this year. I am going to my favourite breakfast buffet in Mesquite this summer. (Maybe on the way TO Newport and on the way BACK from Newport.) But, I am still happily trying breakfast recipes. One new recipe was a 4 ingredient, very easy biscuit recipe. (The recipe is at the end of my post.)
#3 Planning trips makes me happy. (Could you tell?)

#4 Planning for company makes me happy. Two of my sisters are coming to visit for 2 days. How much can I fit in that both of them will enjoy? (More family welcome. Anytime.)
#5 Saturday was a good day. Hilary and I went yard saleing. Very nice. Thank-you, Hilary.

#6 With everything going on, I have not been sleeping. On Saturday I just laid down for a few minutes...and slept 3 hours. I SO needed that.

#7 HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET MARK. I am so happy he is home from Detroit (2 year church mission). In school. With a job. AND happily married. When the kidults are happy, the mom is happy. Which makes the dad happy.

#8 We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner on Sunday. We get together AT LEAST once a month. (More when the pool is open. Thank-you, Michael and Kate.) But it seemed like it had been awhile. It felt nice to be together. Family makes me happy.

#9 It makes me happy that Doug and David have the garden. It gives something to enjoy and work on together. Logan likes to help, too. He has his own "garben".

#10 I enjoyed hearing Doug and Leslie speak in another ward on Sunday. They did great. Mark and Ashley, and Charles came to here them, also. (Hilary, Emily and Lincoln went to a Special Needs Mutual Sacrament Meeting.)

I was excited to try these biscuits, and was not disappointed. They are very fast. Very Easy. And very good. That is not why I loved them. There are other good biscuits out there. These have something I never thought of, and tweaked. ummmm

7-UP BISCUITS-Made 8 Double recipe for 9x13 pan
from Frosted Bake Shop @ http://frostedbakeshop.blogspot.com/


Mix lightly with a fork

2 cups Bisquick (I did not use light, but I will next time)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)

Add and barely stir (just until almost mixed)

1/2 cup 7-Up, lemon lime...

Sprinkle cutting board with additional Bisquick and pat dough to about 1 inch thick. Cut into biscuits (I just used a cup dipped in flour.)

Now, this is the good part. As you start the dough, start pre-heating your oven. Melt in your (about) 9x9 pan,

1/4 cup of BUTTER (Only my opinion)

Here is my trick. Watch the butter carefully to avoid burning, but let it go a bit past melted. (Just a hint of tan.) Do you usually like the top of a biscuit best? If you love brown butter, for sure you will like this bottom best. I will do this for cooking all my biscuits from now on.
Bake at 450* about 11 mins. Until a light golden brown/tan. ummmm

3 comments:

Lindsay Quinney said...

I sure do love you mom! You are an amazing woman! Those biscuits sound absolutely delicious!

Leslie said...

They are so good with the butter on the bottom.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...