Sunday, November 22, 2009

15 November - 22 November, 2009

"I plead with you not to let the important things in life pass you by, planning instead for that illusive and non-existent future day when you'll have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey- now." President Thomas S. Monson

I really had a super week. I will have a really hard time with just 1o.

#1 Doug rubbed my back for almost 1 hour. Plus, he did last week, too. (I would watch any game/sport/tv show with him for his backrubs :-) I love Doug and he always makes me happy. I am also happy he took me to the Draper temple on Wednesday. (Just combined 2 happy things. Did it work?)

#2 Lindsay makes me happy. Mark takes my car to work every day, so if I (we) have errands/shopping, Lindsay is wonderful about driving. Thank-you, Lindsay.
(2 1/2) This week she drove me over 1oo miles (and gave me about 5 1/2 hours) to find and buy all the "UP" dvds that I wanted for gift giving. Yea! I got all 16. (2 more combined.)

#3 I am so happy. Our kids all bought a new crock-pot for me, for my birthday. It is not for awhile, BUT I GET IT NOW :-D It is a 7 quart and will be great to have for Thanksgiving.
I did 2 crock pot recipes this week. One was desperation, as I was behind schedule. I (embarassed) made hot chocolate. Actually it was great. The chocolate stayed warm and did not settle to the bottom, until I turned it off. I love squirt whipped cream (it is low fat and sooo good) on top. Then we sprinkle it with those sweet (sugar) coloured sprinkles. Boy does that make it good. The 2nd recipe I made was granola. I got it a bit too done (forgot to set the timer for stirring it), but we really liked the flavour. It uses lots of little bits of nuts and fruits and seeds and Winco had everything I wanted. And at great prices. (The flax seeds were 2 cents.) I loved my AFB this week. I made white chocolate with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. The I spread a bit of white chocolate on top. One of my favourites. I know some of you have gotten starts, but each week I get rid of 1-2 baby starts. Please let me know if you want one.

#4 I AM SO HAPPY MARK BROUGHT A TURKEY HOME FROM WORK FOR US. Thank-you, Mark!

#5 I am happy Michael is the new Bishop in his ward. He will be great. I am especially happy it is not my husband.

#6 I am happy I won the "lottery" this week. I signed up online (by myself) for tickets to the Tabernacle Choir's Christmas Concert. And, tickets showed up in the mail this week. YEA!!! Doug and I enjoy going to their concerts. Plus, we got them for the night I most wanted. We got 4, so we are doing a drawing with the kidults.

#7 I am happy I sold the item I listed on KSL.com. (It was an aluminum Christmas tree and colour wheel.) I will list a few more things this week.

#8 I started a new little daily routine. I call it "5 x 5". Five times a day I take five minutes to do something. Something I have been putting off, or "too busy" to do. I have been happy with what I can get done in those bites of time. Some of them included, read an ENSIGN article, read the newspaper, got toothpaste from the basement, spray ironed a shirt...

#9 I am happy Doug and I had pesto pizza on Monday. (I am not being random. I love this recipe that I got from Lindsay, who got it from her sister-in-law, Melanie.)

#10 I am happy to decorate for Christmas. I know. Thankgiving is first. I love Thanksgiving. It is my favourite holiday. I love it so much, that I want Christmas up by it. Thanksgiving with family and friends, good food and traditions, Chritmas music and Christmas decorations. What could make me more happy. (O.K. peace on earth..., but I am so thankful for all the blessings that are mine and my family's this season. (No, not winter.))

"O Lord, that lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness." William Shakespeare

1 comment:

Lindsay Quinney said...

I loved your ten things this week! Especially cause I was mentioned so much! Just kidding. The amish bread was my favorite so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...