Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WHAT I BUY WEDNESDAY OR OUR FAVOURITE BBQ SAUCE

12 June, 2012

"Take the first step in faith.  You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
                                                                           Martin Luther King Jr.

Can I just reappear with no other explanation other than I have been busy?  (I know.  We all are :)

  A couple of months ago I was preparing for Summer and came up with an idea/activity.
Thru the years we have periodically changed BBQ sauces as we have tried new ones.  (Not too often.)  We really like the bottled sauce we use now.  SO, I decided to try a  BBQ sauce experiment as part of our big Sunday dinner.  (We also had my Uncle and Aunt in town that night on their way to the MTC.)
  I started by buying 5 BBQ sauces.  They were ones that we had used before, or another family member had used before or I had good things about.  I bought bottles that were about the same size, and all were the original flavour.  Then I "brown bagged" each sauce with a lunch bag and jute, and numbered them from 1-5.
  The activity was a hit.  Everyone tried, commented and voted :)
  These were the 5 that I bought.  (I listed them on a card in alphabetical order.) 
#1 Bull's Eye
#2 Famous Dave's
#3 KC Masterpiece
#4 Open Pit
#5 Sweet Baby Ray's


There were about 20 people for dinner that day.  When all was said and done, I was surprised by the results.  The one we use was by far the winner.  Her are our results.
#1  SWEET BABY RAY'S - WINNER
#2  KC Masterpiece
#3  Bull's Eye (We used to use this.
#4  Open Pit
#5  Famous Dave's (My Aunt liked this one best, and this is what they use :)  We liked it the least.)

It was an easy and fun way to start the BIG BBQ season. 
We would love to hear which BBQ sauce you use.
Happy Grilling:)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That was fun. I had a plate just for my sauce. I am a Sweet Baby Ray's all the way for sure!

Lindsay Quinney said...

Sweet Baby Ray's is definitely the best BBQ sauce!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...