Sunday, July 31, 2011

PLANNING OUR MENU

It is summer.  I never know who will be around, and dinner is less scheduled.  But there are always new recipes, and tried and true recipes.  This week 2 of the new recipes we tried will get call backs.

On Saturday Doug and I had breakfast for dinner.  I tried a potato recipe that I will share next week (or the week after).  I also made baked eggs in ramekins that we really liked.  I love cooking in ramekins.  Easy portion control, and I know how many servings I have. 
This egg recipe came from "REAL SIMPLE", April 2011.

Easy Baked Eggs w/ Cream

I used the ramekin size that holds 1 cup of water (8 oz.  The recipe called for 4 oz, but they kind of boil up.)
Brush 4 ramekins with softened butter. (I use a silicone brush - which I love)
Pour about 2 table. cream in the bottom of each ramekin (be sure to cover the bottom)
Crack 2 large eggs in each ramekin.
Season with salt and pepper.
Bake @ 425* for 10-12 mins., or until whites are set.  (12 worked great for me.)
Sprinkle with a bit of grated Parmesan cheese or some chopped herbs.
Serves 4 ;)

I served this with a creamy potato dish, melon and tomato slices.  It would also go great with toast.
It only took about 3 mins. to put together, and we really liked it.

It boils up in the oven while cooking, but then settles down
 (hence the ring you see in the dish).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...